It’s not the first time I saw photos Victoria Beckham in wide leg pants. So when the most recent photo of the Spice Girl turned fashion designer surfaced in skyblue wide leg pants paired with crisp white shirt, I quickly googled : What is the height of Victoria Beckham?
The result : Victoria Beckham stands 5’4″ tall. The ex-Posh Spice even admitted feeling insecure about her height when she modelled for Roberto Cavalli in 2006. She said, “I was so nervous. I’m not a model, I was just about the shortest person there.” Quite frankly, a pair of wide leg pants are definitely one of the most difficult outfit to pull off. Why? it’s not tailored for every woman in all shapes and height. Kim Kardashian who is quite full-figured at 5’2” looks totally hideous (spell baduy) in this kind of pants.
Then she got famous, got rich and hired a serious stylist and she turned fab in the same cut of pants. What a transformation!
Therefore I conclude, it is wrong to say that wide leg pants belongs only to the tall and slim. How to Wear Wide Leg Pants? There are always several tricks here and there leading the way to instant perfection in this pair of pants.
- Wide leg pants are already dramatic so keep the top simple just that way Victoria and Kim did.
- If you have longer torso, make it cinch a little more high-waisted so the fabric has ample length to drape creating the appeal of infinite legs concealed beneath.
- Ensure that the hem of the pants is almost at floor-length. You will go to jail if you wear ankle-length wide leg pants.
- The ultimate secret is in the shoes. Wedges are best comfort-wise and height-wise. You can go as high as 5 inches just to become instantly taller than ever.
- Wide leg pants spell sophistication so wear it with confidence.